I was reading through Leviticus 19 recently and found some great ministry advice… really, it is just practical for Christian living.
1. Don’t be a talebearer. (No gossip allowed.) Verse 16, “Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people…”
2. Don’t hate thy brother in thy heart. (No jealousy or covetousness allowed either.) Verse 17a, “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart..”
3. Sometimes confrontation of sin is necessary. Verse 17b, “Thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbor, and not suffer sin upon him.”
4. Don’t avenge or hold a grudge against your neighbor. (Forgive.) Verse 18a, “Thou shalt not avenge, or bear any grudge against the children of thy people…”
5. Love your neighbor like you love yourself. (Serve and love and serve and love again.) Verse 18b, “But thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the Lord.”